Please send an important letter to the Australian Prime Minister, who can end this cruel trade. Urge Ms Gillard to uphold her word to protect animals from cruelty. Below are some points you might like to include in your letter:
Hint: if you don't have time to compose a detailed letter,
please simply send a quick note asking Gillard to end live exports!
- Prime Minister Gillard has been willing to right injustices that previous leaders were unwilling to confront. It is now time to right the injustice of live export.
- Ms Gillard needs to uphold the platform of moral conscience that got her party elected.
- Ms Gillard needs to act to restore our reputation as a compassionate and ethical nation.
- Whilst we continue to supply animals to the Middle East we are reinforcing local beliefs that their treatment of animals is acceptable.
- Australia cannot oppose animal cruelty whilst continuing to knowingly supply animals to a cruel fate.
- We don't want to be recognised as the 'world leader' in a cruel and immoral trade.
- On February 8th a Perth Magistrate found that a routine shipment of sheep to the Middle East was cruel. However, the magistrate was unable to convict the defendants because the Federal government had issued an export permit. If Ms Gillard's government grants further export permits they will be knowingly permitting animal cruelty and allowing exporters to breach state animal welfare laws.
Or post your letter to:
The Hon Julia Gillard MP
CANBERRA ACT 2600
More Ways to Help: